Friday, May 18, 2007

Update on ASPV

in this seeking alpha article

"...
Right now ASPV is in the low $19s, which is approximately 10% above our cumulative discounted cash flow estimate for FY2007-2009; essentially, the market is pricing in almost no chance of Aspreva making another successful deal.
...
"

Sounds very familiar, right?

It is that simple, if you can see the value, someone else can see it, it is just a matter of time for the whole market to catch up. and the time delay really depends on how famous is the name, and how big is the uncertainty. Therefore I love underknown names with seemingly high uncertainty however actual low downside risk.

I think I should do more research on AMGN, since it is now clearly in the HCL wonderland.

2 comments:

BAC said...

last month Morningstar upgraded AMGN to its 5-star stock pick. From then on, I put it into my watch list, and it goes down and down. I am looking forward to your insightful analysis for this stock, as I am really interested to this company - one of the best in biotechnology and Pharm ones. Sorry for my laziness. :)

BAC said...

Besides, I am a biomedical PhD. So if you have any need in interpreting any Pharm/Bio data, I'd like to. :)